Toxic Fragrances and Scents are Destroying People’s Health: How One Boy Nearly Died from Airborne Anaphylaxis
When we published John Thomas' article earlier this year, Is Your Health Being Destroyed by Other People’s Toxic Fragrances?, some people commented that this statement made by John was over-exaggerating: "Secondhand fragrance contamination should be the number one health problem being addressed by the public health system in America, but it doesn’t even show up on the list of current priorities." However, others emailed us and thanked us for giving exposure to this national health crisis, because they have experienced it firsthand. It is not a topic that gets much exposure in the media, not even in the alternative health media. But there are many thousands of people suffering debilitating illnesses due to airborne chemicals in fragrances and scented products, and most of the rest of us are probably affected without even realizing it. Rosa Silk is one of the people who emailed us, and shared her son's story of how his life and health has been ruined by other people's fragrances. She asked us to publish his story, and the publishers at AllergicLiving.com have given us permission to bring you the story of her son's battle with airborne anaphylaxis, and her fight to pass legislation that would offer some protection from the chemical industry.