by Beyond the Peel 
Do you want to satisfy a sweet tooth without a bunch of effort, still have it portion controlled, and have it be good for you?
I hope the answer is yes.
If it is, this video is for you.
This lovely recipe was given to me by a dear friend. She whips these up before dinner (takes 2 minutes) and has a little post-dinner treat. Thank you Jenn for this “chocolate” recipe. It is only a version of the original since I cut the recipe in half and made a few subtle changes. I removed the yacon powder (too chalky/grainy for me) and replaced it with honey and have yet to try the maca powder for adrenal health. Soon, I promise.
Simple Coconut Oil Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil 
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder  (raw cocoa powder is preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Organic Raw Honey  (or sweetener of choice: maple, yacon powder, stevia), adjust according to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Melt the coconut oil and add the honey. Whisk and add the cocoa powder. Whisk occasionally while pouring into a silicone ice cube tray or silicone mini muffin tray. Makes 12. Cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer.
Note: Time varies depending on how hot the coconut oil was when you started. If the oil is only just reached its melting stage, these will set in as little as 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp of maca powder (mix in with the honey)
- 1 tsp orange rind (mix into the chocolate)
- seeds, nuts or dried fruit (sprinkle into the silicone trays)
- 1/4 cup dried coconut would be amazing… (mix into the chocolate)
Read the Full Blog Post and Comment here: http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/06/coconut-oil-chocolate-recipe.html 
Virgin Coconut Oil:
How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours!