Photo by Jeff Devries
The more advanced cancer is, the less effective chemotherapy is. However, a new study has shown that grape seed extract has exactly the opposite quality: The more advanced the cancer, the less extract that’s needed to kill it. On top of that, the study also shows that grape seed extract targets the cancer cells that become most resistant to chemotherapy.
In the face of this remarkable new development, it’s likely that grape seed extract is more effective in treating late-stage cancer than modern medicine’s chemotherapy. Not only does it take less and less of the substance to kill cancer cells, it’s able to target the cells that have become drug resistant, thus making chemo useless!
Yet again, the common misperception that modern medicine’s treatments are stronger or more potent or better in any way is shown to be mistaken. Sadly, it’s a mistake that can kill.
Grape Seed Extract Exposes Modern Medicine’s Failings
The study in question was produced in the University of Colorado Cancer Center and published in the journal Cancer Letters. It was an in vitro study, not in vivo. That is, no living creatures were involved. The study was performed on cell cultures. That might make it seem relatively insignificant. However, much prior research has already documented grape seed extract’s ability to control and kill cancer, so that’s not in much doubt. What this study discovered is a plausible means by which it happens. This is the kind of information that modern medicine craves.
Have you ever noticed how there’s so much focus on the idea that cholesterol causes heart disease? It doesn’t, but that doesn’t deter the ongoing research that assumes it to be true. That’s because modern medicine demands to know how something works—or at least to be given an explanation, whether true or not. There’s an assumption that, if you know that A is associated with B, then controlling A will prevent or cure B. It doesn’t seem to matter if it’s true, only that it sounds plausible.
The “Plausible” Mode of Action
Rather than focusing on what really counts—survival and return to health—medicine focuses on markers that are based on plausible modes of action.
Once a “plausible” mode of action idea has caught on, research funds get directed towards it. A search goes on to find ways to control that presumed connection. That’s why we have statins. They’re associated with heart disease. They don’t cause it, but a seemingly plausible theory was produced saying that cholesterol causes heart disease. Therefore, since statins can reduce cholesterol, they’re the first thing a doctor prescribes when someone has any sort of heart disease sign—even just being past the age of 40 or 50.
Statins don’t produce health. In fact, they destroy it, causing memory loss, muscle damage, and death. But they’re a perfect example of a plausible idea getting research funding, drugs being developed to cause a change in a marker, doctors prescribing it, and enormous profits getting funneled to Big Pharma.
Ultimately, does it matter whether a treatment can meet some arbitrary marker, or is it more important that it heals you? The answer should be obvious—and it is to everyone but a medical system that’s gone awry. Modern medicine wants a product that’s owned by Big Pharma because that apparently means it’s science-based. That it invariably costs an exorbitant amount and doesn’t cure isn’t of concern. All that matters is that arbitrary markers be met.
Therefore, while it’s interesting to learn something about how a treatment works, let’s get on with it. Let’s focus on the fact that grape seed extract does work and inform people so they can take advantage of it.
Health Benefits of Grape Seed Extract
It’s well established that resveratrol, which is found in both grape seeds and skins, is the active ingredient that does so much good. So, what can resveratrol, or grape seed or grape skin extract do for you? Let’s take a look at what studies have shown:
- Pancreatic cancer cell proliferation is inhibited by resveratrol.
- Resveratrol is protective against several types of viruses, though the means by which protection is accomplished is unknown:
- Herpes simplex 1 infections.
- Varicella zoster (chicken pox and shingles)
- Human cytomegalovirus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Enterovirus type 71 (which can cause paralysis, including the heart)
- Growth of colorectal cancers are halted by resveratrol.
- Resveratrol has been shown to stimulate cognitive function in mice.
- Fungal infections, which are notoriously difficult to treat, have been shown to respond to resveratrol, and without the adverse effects of standard drug therapy.
- Resveratrol exerts a protective effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Autoimmune myocarditis in rats was shown to improve with application of resveratrol.
- Alzheimer’s disease may be warded off by grape seed extract.
- Head and neck cancer cells are destroyed by resveratrol, but healthy cells are unharmed.
Every item in this list comes from a scientific study.
We must all make our own choices regarding health. However, the medical world is waiting for a Big Pharma-sanctioned product made from grape seeds—one that will likely have been sliced and diced until all symbiotic interactions with other ingredients are lost and harmful effects naturally mitigated through that symbiotic action are enhanced. Until that time, you won’t see grape seed extract offered by any modern medical doctor.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t take it. At least, right now. The day is coming when agencies like the FDA will tell us that we don’t have that right, as discussed in FDA Gives Sole Herbal Product Rights to Big Pharma. We’re already seeing parents denied the right to have their children’s medical needs treated naturally. If you care about your health, be sure that you can maintain access to all those natural substances that Big Pharma is maneuvering to have taken from us.
- Differential effects of grape seed extract against human colorectal cancer cell lines: The intricate role of death receptors and mitochondria
- As Colorectal Cancer Gets More Aggressive, Treatment With Grape Seed Extract Is Even More Effective, Study Shows
- Grape Seed Extract Effective In Colorectal Cancer Treatment
- Stage IV cancer cells even more susceptible to grape seed extract than stage II
- Grape Seed Extract Kills Laboratory Leukemia Cells, Proving Value of Natural Compounds
- Antiproliferative effect of resveratrol in pancreatic cancer cells.
- Antiviral activity of resveratrol. (Full report of study here.)
- Clinical pharmacology of resveratrol and its metabolites in colorectal cancer patients.
- Fighting cancer with red wine? Molecular mechanisms of resveratrol.
- Resveratrol improves cognitive function in mice by increasing production of insulin-like growth factor-I in the hippocampus.
- Inhibitory effect of resveratrol against enterovirus type 71 in vitro
- Fungicidal effect of resveratrol on human infectious fungi.
- Resveratrol, a natural ingredient of grape skin: antiarrhythmic efficacy and ionic mechanisms.
- Identification of metabolic pattern and bioactive form of resveratrol in human medulloblastoma cells.
- Resveratrol ameliorates experimental autoimmune myocarditis.
- Grape Seed May Ward Off Alzheimer’s
- Grape Seed Extract Kills Cancer Cells In Lab
- Head And Neck Cancer Cells Destroyed By Grape Seed Extract, But Healthy Cells Are Unharmed
- Growth Of Colorectal Tumors In Mice Checked By Grape Seed Extract And Cell Cycle Halted
- Outbreak of Neurologic Enterovirus Type 71 Disease: A Diagnostic Challenge
Read the Full Article here: http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2013-01-23/grape-seed-extract-beats-chemo-in-late-stage-cancer/
We Lost the War on Cancer – Review of Alternative Cancer Therapies
We have lost the war on cancer. At the beginning of the last century, one person in twenty would get cancer. In the 1940s it was one out of every sixteen people. In the 1970s it was one person out of ten. Today one person out of three gets cancer in the course of their life.
The cancer industry is probably the most prosperous business in the United States. In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the US. $6 billion of tax-payer funds are cycled through various federal agencies for cancer research, such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The NCI states that the medical costs of cancer care are $125 billion, with a projected 39 percent increase to $173 billion by 2020.
The simple fact is that the cancer industry employs too many people and produces too much income to allow a cure to be found. All of the current research on cancer drugs is based on the premise that the cancer market will grow, not shrink.
John Thomas explains to us why the current cancer industry prospers while treating cancer, but cannot afford to cure it in Part I. In Part II, he surveys the various alternative cancer therapies that have been proven effective, but that are not approved by the FDA.
Read We Lost the War on Cancer – Review of Alternative Cancer Therapies on your mobile device!
FREE! – $0.99