I recently returned from Rancho la Puerta, a beautiful retreat center in Tecate, Mexico. The food is delicious, however, I thought that a few of the patrons and I needed more healthy fat in our diets. We started to add coconut oil in our tea in the morning for added fat for fuel.
In my practice, I have seen coconut oil support everything from eczema to fat loss to thyroid support. Some cultures call the coconut a “functional food” due to the healing capabilities. The saturated fat in coconut is considered a medium-chain fatty acids, which is the fat that is found in breast milk for brain and nervous system development.
The benefits & uses of coconut oil include:
1. Anti-bacterial & anti-fungal: Take a teaspoon in the morning for an immune system booster
2. Enhances cognitive thinking: Take a teaspoon on a day if you have foggy brain or need more mental energy
3. Improves athletic performance: The fatty acids in coconut oil are an energy source for exercise.
4. Supports body fat loss: Yes! Healthy fat can assist your body in releasing adipose fat.
5. Protects & hydrates skin(your largest organ): Add it to your moisturizer and sunscreen
6. Best oil at high heat: Replace your olive oil with coconut oil, due to the fact that it has a higher heat point for cooking.
Read the Full Article and Comment/Ask Questions here: http://lajolla.patch.com/blog_posts/add-coconut-oil-to-your-coffee-or-tea
Heather’s personal inspiration towards helping others live a life of balance and vitality started with a B.S in Nutritional Science, from the University of Nebraska, in Lincoln, Nebraska, where she spent her childhood. She founded the Conscious Nutrition Philosophy in 2007. Heather is a contributing member to Livestrong.com, the Christopher Reeves Foundation, the Price Pottenjer Nutritional Foundation, the Seaside Center for Spiritual Living, and WWOOF (the World Wide Organization for Organic Farming).
Virgin Coconut Oil:
How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours!